Wednesday, February 20, 2008

30 days/day5/slices of life/ fine till Back injury

Well, my day started off quite fine--enjoying the moments. Barbara had given me a further quote on this yesterday's post (http://barbarah.wordpress.com/ ) from Jim Eliot--"Wherever you are, be all there". So I was really into doing this. I first had to spray the pee off of my window from the neighbor's cat--who for some reason had been peeing on the upstairs and downstairs windows and doors!! The reason may be my Boots below (boots as in my cat)

Had a relaxing time having devotions with all of my clutter.



Went to church where we are working way ahead for a future Fall festival. We had donations of yarn and have been considering making "prayer shawls" which you give to someone to let them know you are praying for them and it is like a warm hug or embrace.



Went home and my Kefir was doing well---it cultures on top of the frig---it is like yogurt, but is better for you!! You make smoothies out of it. The curdy stuff on the top is what you strain off to make the next batch.




Here is another view.



Then I cleaned house for the Bible study group that meets here, when suddenly OH NO! I went to lift a glass table top and suddenly my back gave out. Must have twisted the wrong way and I went to the floor!! Thankfully I had only lifted it 1/4 of an inch or it would have crashed to the floor in a million pieces. I am posting this early because I don't know how I will be later. If I don't post tomorrow you will know it is too bad. So I will show my Bible study people on another Wednesday. They are due in about 20 minutes. (Mean while my husband should be on a flight from Houston to home). Plus my granddaughter got hand, mouth and foot disease from the nursery at church---yup it is a real thing---she got a realitively mild case.


Tootles!! ps I am enojoying the moment! Ha!!





13 comments:

  1. A productive day!

    I'll be praying for your granddaughter and for you too I hope your back is better soon.

    Hugs.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim, I sure hope your back is okay. There is nothing worse than when you tweak your back. Oh I pray you are alright. It sounds like you had a very busy day and most of it was good except the kitty spray...yuck! It smells so bad. If you can't get it off, try diluted bleach it works pretty good.

    Let us know how you are doing. I will say a prayer for you now.

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that your back is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you! Back injuries are no fun. Take it easy, but keep moving.

    Your kefir looks interesting and prayer shawls sounds like a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better. And it's actually hand, mouth and foot disease NOT to be confused with foot and mouth disease (something different!)...such generic non-scientific dire sounding descriptions in the medical community should be banned...coxsackie virus is much more to my liking!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleep with a pillow under your knees to keep them bent to relax your back, and between your knees if you lie on your side in bed. You probably do all that anyway.....just things that have helped me over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I hope you didn't do serious damage to your back.

    Praying for you and your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel better soon. My son had a bout with that disease soon. It's harmless just unsettling sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope your back is better! It's always so weird when a normal movement cause something like this. My daughter had f00t & mouth disease when she was about year old.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! I hope you okay nannykim I will pray for you.Please take care of your self.
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry! I assume you're still suffering, since you didn't post. I'm living you in prayer right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're up and around soon. Missed you in bloggyland today!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what is that yogurt weird white liquidy stuff mom!? :-O

    ReplyDelete