Tuesday, August 25, 2009

happiness---the why of it

This is for spiritual Sundays--for other participants go here: http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/


God is good to give me the thoughts I need to think on at the right time in answer to my plea. I needed this stuff by Piper and by Paul Tripp about why I can be happy even when the world is so broken. It is mainly because God is sovereign and glorious and working out His plan. He is Happy because He works all things according to the pleasure of his will--Psalm 115:3--"Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases."


"And if none of His purposes can be frustrated, then He must be the happiest of all beings. This infinite, divine happiness is the fountain from which the Christian Hedonist drinks and longs to drink more deeply." Piper-based on Psalm 115:3 I need to meditate on God's happiness


"The deepest and most enduring happiness is found only in God. Not from God, but in God." AMEN

I can be happy because I can trust (not understand) that God is good, God is loving, God is working out His plan, God works all things for His glory. There is nothing more wonderful than His glorious being , His beauty, and realizing ...seeing some of this glory in my lifetime.

My understanding is not the source of my happiness--"We simply need to accept that the reasons God does what he does in our lives, or how our life fits into the whole of his grand redemptive plan, will never be completely clear in this life. This is why real rest and peace is not found in knowing and understanding. It is only found in trust. Only when you have a quiet confidence in the Lord behind the plan and have come to know his love, wisdom, power, and grace, will you be able to rest in hope--even when you do not understand what God is doing in a particular moment in your life..................we trust in his holy name." Paul Tripp

But basically the thought that hit me is that I can be happy because God is doing what He pleases--working all things out for good.....He is happy...I can be happy in Him.

14 comments:

  1. Very good thoughts in this tumultuous time in our lives. Thanks for the heavenly perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I know sometimes I try to find happiness in things other than Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness in sharing in the happiness of the Triune God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said. I ponder these same things. It is really hard when sometimes it seems like everything in our world is falling apart. God is so good and He is our source of joy!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. first: thanks for your sweet visit to la maison et le jardin.....:-)

    second: i LOVE the Happy in HIM....
    thought. it's awfully true...

    blessings on you and your day!

    hugs..lylah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, our faith rests in His goodness, His mercy and His strength. Thank you for a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is not always easy to put our trust in God but we know that all things work for His good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post, and something we all need to thing about. Trust and faith are two of the strongest words I can think of.
    God Bless you Nannykim and Im so happy to see you here.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the wonderful reminder of what we have IN Christ. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are very good and true thoughts. I'm so glad God is in control and all will turn out the way he wants it to. That is such wonderful assurance.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Psalm 115. God is in control and that makes me feel good. Knowing this also helps me to understand a lot of things. Thanks for this good post. (I prefer Clif with one f because my name is Clifton with one. Clifford has two.)

    ReplyDelete