Tuesday, February 26, 2008

30 days/ day 11/ slices of life--DR


Well I am going to write this and then add the picture--I will regret this because it usually messes the post totally up!! Little did I realize that the 30 day thing would be me on my back!! I finally went to the Dr. to be sure I was doing what I was supposed to do . So I have been spaced out on muscle relaxers---hope it will aid in the recovery process. I had to sleep at a really weird angle last night with my knees up and slanted and the rest of the body on my side---the only way I couldn't feel like I was in someones vise grip!!

The Dr. office is only 2 blocks away and I could have walked (I am afraid of driving because of weird spasms). But my hubby came home and took me.

But I have confidence that God has His purposes; so I will rest in this fact and try to use my time wisely---which is a bit of a difficult thing --I know I can spend more time in prayer and write some letters. When you have a gnawing pain it makes it hard to do certain activities---(like think ;-) . So now I will have to think more about this!! Ha!
please pray for this 14 year old at: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/erinpage

11 comments:

  1. Oh Nannykim, I'm ready for you to feel BETTER! What did the Dr tell you about how long that would take? You are in my prayers. I am so glad that you have Erin's link up. There are some wonderful people in Blogland and you are one of them! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are in such pain I hope and pray you will get relief soon :-) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there:

    I've missed sharing with you. I finally added some new blogs: my son-in-law's retirement party and me visiting some of my grandchildren at school. So sorry you haven't been feeling well. I will surely pray for your healing.

    Please take good care of yourself. I am anxious to read about the conference, but must close now for the evening.

    In Him,
    Jim's Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again:

    I tried to write you back, but something happened.

    Yes, my first car was a Chevy Corvair (spelling?). It was the cheapest model and didn't even have carpet. It was some kind of thick plastic.

    Oh well, those were the days.

    Praying for you,

    Jim's Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you have been feeling bad. Glad you could atleast come by for pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I'll be this wasn't the 30-Day perspective you had in mind...but I guess it was the one God wanted you to share and chronicle. Hope you feel some relief soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, Kim, that you are in so much pain, and I pray that you will soon be good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry that you are still down and out. I was watching the extreme cake challenge on food network and thought about you. This team made a HUGE sock monkey cake. It was so cool. Did you happen to see it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so hard when your back is out. I have been there. I start getting really down and worried that that is how it will be the rest of my life, but things do get better! Hang on and just rest. Catch up on your old movies and your reading. Take it easy and let your body heal. You will get better.

    "But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds," declares the Lord. Jeremiah 30:17a

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you feel better soon, it's been going on for a while now you poor thing.

    Still praying..and for Erin.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear you are having so much pain, I hope you get some relief soon! Are you able to go to a chiropractor? All last year I went to a chiropractor and finally am free of back pain, it's chronic and could return though. His adjustments and my exercise helped. I have lost a few pounds and I guess that helped as well. You don't look like you need to lose any weight tho. Mine was right in my stomach and the muscles didn't support my back.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete