Sunday, February 24, 2008

30 days/ day 9/ slices of life weary, but thankful



Well, my hubby and I both missed church---first time in ages! Me with my back and He with his virus. He is doing much better tonight and plans to go to work on Monday. My spasms have become less, but the pelvis is very unstable. But I am thankful for online sermons--enjoyed a great intro to Philippians.....and the joy of seeing the gospel spread. I am so thankful for great books, Christian friends, the power of the word of God and the fellowship with others it brings.
Thankful for time to think and contemplate on his Word and what His Word means---it is always easy to read the words, but much harder to understand the meaning behind the words. God's Words are sometimes very deep; but I am thankful that He only requires a childlike faith In His Son's work ; a resting in all we have in Christ. ....thankful for the great love that sent Christ to claim us for His own.
Hopefully, I will get to visit some bloggers tomorrow (and a few tonight ;-) )

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're improving, and hope your hubby is, too. I'm happy you were able to worship at home. It is amazing how strange it feels when I'm not with my church family.

    Have a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the child like faith comment. I wonder if I will ever feel like a mature woman of God? I hope your back continues to heal. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you are feeling better and your hubby is well enough to go to work today...
    one of the churches in a nearby city broadcast their service as 12 noon on Sunday... so any time we have to miss church we watch them on TV... and it is wonderful...
    continue to improve, don't overdo, and have a good week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon, I will still be praying...and your hubby too. I love your thoughts:

    Thankful for time to think and contemplate on his Word and what His Word means---it is always easy to read the words, but much harder to understand the meaning behind the words. God's Words are sometimes very deep; but I am thankful that He only requires a childlike faith In His Son's work ; a resting in all we have in Christ. ....thankful for the great love that sent Christ to claim us for His own.

    Amen.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo sarah's thoughts in the above comment. Glad to hear your spasms are lessening. Take good care of yourself.....and the prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't stopped by in a while so was coming over to say hello...I'm so sorry you've been having back trouble! Hope you continue to improve...and that flu bug your husband got- I had that, too, and thankfully my family pretty much escaped!
    I saw you had been watching the Hallmark movies...I haven't seen those yet, but my mom just loves them and recorded almost all of them!
    Blessings,
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete