Friday, May 29, 2009

Prayer attitude in suffering

A woman who is in her 30's and who is reaching the end of her life has a wonderful video here:

http://deathisnotdying.com/fullvideo/


One statement she made that may be a quote from someone else (I'm not sure) is:
"God allows in his wisdom what He could prevent by his power."

This is helpful for me. Also helpful for me is Paul Miller's statement that God is weaving a larger story (see post for may 20th on this--)and that I have 2 approaches to a praying life:

NO STORY

Bitter
Angry
Aimless
Cynical
Controlling
Hopeless
Thankless
Blaming OR

Story

Waiting
Watching
Wondering
Praying
Submitting
Hoping
Thankful
Repenting

So my goal, of course , is to be in the story that God is weaving and bowing before God with the pieces of my life. And praying in the way I should--having the right attitude.

4 comments:

  1. I agree. I want to try to be in the second group as well. Praying with the right attitude is really important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sharon!! I need to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post.
    Thank you for sharing it with us.
    I know that it helped me personally.
    God bless!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preacherman, it has helped me as well.

    ReplyDelete