The picture is part of the river where I live--there is always something soothing to me about water, why is that? Why does water give that feeling???? I love the way it changes according to the light that hits it---amazing all the different scenes you get just in changing water!
Changing topics--I love the ways God chooses to answer prayer and then the way He lets us see those answers. You know--He could just answer the prayer and not let me see that He was answering ! But what a gracious and merciful God when He delights at times to give me glimpses of His working in the answering department. I have been praying the Ephesians 3 prayer for different family members---including myself---and also for some friends. Here it is:
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God
20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen
Well --God has let me see him opening peoples' eyes to the greatness of his love. And one of them is my son . My son posted an awesome statement about God's love on his blog--and it really showed that Hey, He is getting it!! How great our God's love is and how great His love has been displayed. The thing is, my son didn't have to post it or tell me about it--but God wanted me to see that He has been at work in answering this prayer. I have seen this again and again. God lifts the veil, so to speak, and lets us get some glimpses of his work, his power, his glory. AMEN
now for being tagged: oh--this post is going to be spaced all wrong--it seems that if I post a picture after I write something it messes up the spacing!!!! poooooweeeee
I was tagged by Sharon at http://roseofsharonmay.blogspot.com/ who in turn was tagged by Jan at http://janparrish.blogspot.com/ This is what Jan said to do: I am going to try fixing it, but it probably won't work
Today is one of those days I need to be encouraged. As I discussed in the last post, sometimes I like to say, “It’s great to be me.” Not because I’m so full of myself, but because I’m trying to take my mind off the chaos that is going on in my life and focus on the positive.Like today, I don’t want to dwell on the stuff that’s broken in the house, the rash on my back, the fact I may not be able to get a dog due to my allergies, the wrong person being elected president or that winter seems to drag on and on… Instead, I am going to focus on the positive, the reasons why “It’s great to be me.” I started this a few years ago and every time I said, “It’s great to be me,” it reminded me to count my blessings so I am going to list all the reasons I can think of why it’s great to be me at this very moment. This is an official Bold and Free Meme. "
ok so It's great to be me because1. I am older and don't have to worry about finding a husband since I have one whom I have been married to for 30 years. 2. I have more freedom in my days since my kids are grown.3. I have the joy of seeing my kids enjoy the work God has give them to do.
4. I have the joy of a wonderful little tornado of a grandchild and another one on the way.
5. I have the joy of seeing my children seek the Lord.
6. I have the time at night to read! I love books. I live a few blocks from the library (another great blessing).
7. I have a church that loves to worship the Lord. I have a church with a big pipe organ and an awesome organist that helps my heart to celebrate our great God.
8. I can sleep in at times so I can usually get the sleep I need.
9. I have met some people with needs and have been able to have time to be with them.
10. I have several small groups for fellowship and Bible study and this has been a rich blessing.
11. I have a great place to take walks.
12. I have great music to listen to when I so desire ;-)
13. I have met so many interesting and neat people in the blogosphere.
14. I have had basic health for quite a few years.
15. I have seen God work wonders in my family.
16. I have felt God's presence and grace every day.
17. I better stop here because I could go on and on and on---when you stop to think it seems there are no limits to the blessings, especially if you get specific--ie I can breath, I can walk, I can take showers, I have food, clothing, shelter, I am living in the USA and have my freedom, I have regular contact with my kids through video cam etc. Got to stop!!
Well I hope this fixed the spacing and if it hasn't then oh well---if anyone knows how to fix it---well I probably wouldn't understand the HOW---I have tried editing---it may fail--I hate to hit the publish button ---but here goes!