Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Thanksgiving as a guard


I heard a sermon a while back that was from Phil 4: 6 and 7:

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

The preacher said we often forget the part--with thanksgiving. I too had forgotten this part--I was trying to be anxious for nothing--giving it to God in prayer and supplication, but I was forgetting the thanksgiving. What a difference this makes---Thanks be to God for this promise and the greatness of His peace which in turn guards our hearts and minds.

some things I thank Him for today:

the power of His word to speak straight to my heart
the comfort of His Spirit
the sprinkling of rain
the emotions of women ;-)
the beauty of womanhood
the communication God has given to women
richness of family life and relationships
cell phones
hearing the music coming from the different churches in town (out side)
homes as opposed to houses
people that go out of their way to help out
little birds twittering at the feeder
the smell of chili filling the house (yesterday!)
cornbread cooked in an iron skillet
the overture of phantom of the opera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3UbHpc32A


picture by ksfamwest--flicker

1 comment:

  1. I am continuously blessed by the faithfulness of the bloggers I have been fortunate enough to find. I can only think that My Shepherd is leading me to such wonderful Christian women. Thanks for being out there :-)

    ReplyDelete