Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What wonderous love


Ps. 68:19 "Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden,
The God who is our salvation.
35 O God, Thou art awesome from Thy sanctuary,
The God of Isael Himself gives strength and power
Blessed be God!"

What wonderful love--that He DAILY BEARS OUR BURDEN, DAILY!

HE is awesome--and not only does he bear our burden HE HIMSELF gives strength and power--no wonder the psalmist responded--BLESSED BE GOD! You can see why I want the following Hymn sung at my funeral!


What Wondrous Love Is This By: American Folk Hymn


What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul!

What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this
That caused the Lord of bliss
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul, for my soul,
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul!

When I was sinking down, sinking down, sinking down,
When I was sinking down, sinking down,
When I was sinking down Beneath God’s righteous frown,
Christ laid aside His crown for my soul for my soul,
Christ laid aside His crown for my soul.

To God and to the Lamb I will sing, I will sing;
To God and to the Lamb I will sing;
To God and to the Lamb, Who is the great I AM,
While millions join the theme, I will sing, I will sing
While millions join the theme, I will sing.

And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on;
And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on.
And when from death I’m free I’ll sing His love for me,
And through eternity I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
And through eternity I’ll sing on.


If you are not familiar with the tune go to http://www.oremus.org/hymnal/w/w247.html
and the tune can be played--it is a wonderful old American folk hymn.

1 comment: