Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday morning catch up

Photobucket

Well here it is Monday already! I have to catch up on my thanksgiving. I think I most likely won't post everyday!!!  The picture above was taken this weekend. It was a gray weekend and Sunday was very rain filled. We needed the rain and it was nice to see it, but  I was thankful to remain mainly inside. I know a lot of folks in the country got the rain and some the snow!!


Photobucket
The rain brought in cooler temperatures. It was in the 30's last night and highs only in the 50's today. I am thankful in any weather for tea and I love chai tea---loving the spicey flavors in this tea. I am thankful for happy, sunny, cups such as this one.
Photobucket
I am thankful for learning again a few macrame knots--it is fun to do things with this and I hope to learn more in the future thanks to some links on youtube and pinterest. I am thankful for what working with your hands does to your spirit--it brings a calming soothing feel to your mind) I find this true with crochet as well (as long as one is doing something repetitious!). I like how our bodies are designed---that actions we do affect us inside as well. Have you ever thought about this? There is something relaxing and calming in sitting and doing a repetitive act and especially when it involves a little bit of creativeness. It frees the mind to meditate, or pray as well. It helps me to focus, to pray, to give thanks, etc. So again I give thanks for the way God has designed us. I am thankful that in worship as well we do not just use our minds, or our spirits/souls....but we use the physical as well. 


Speaking of the physical in worship --here is a fun one below



Jesus Loves You Flash Mob - Tbilisi, Georgia from yabbadabbadoo on GodTube.




10 comments:

  1. Love the top photo :) So peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE flash mobs, but this one is amazing. Love it! These people were persecuted for so long for their faith, so it is fun to see them celebrating Christ! Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love keeping up with you 'Thankful posts'
    I have not been writing them down... but I have been more aware of them everyday (o:
    I enjoyed this flash mob. I think it would be great to be somewhere and see one happen (o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a relaxing day in a cozy spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great how one can learn things on youtube. I am currently going through a pottery phase, how I'd love to make my own pottery, it seems so easy on the videos!

    A lovely post, Kim. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for popping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It WAS a rainy day on Sunday. I was thankful I had cleaned my kitchen on Saturday so I could do some cooking on Sunday! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's interesting what gratitude will do for our spirits, isn't it. The practice of being grateful is a lost art.
    Thank you for the reminder.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could dance. It'd be so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the macrame and crochet is relaxing!
    I like the flash mob--I've never seen one in person, but I do think it would be cool to see!

    have a great week.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete