Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sunday reflections

Beth Moore has said , "The light of His glory invariably sheds light on our intense need for His grace.....we rarely discover any thing monumental about God without discovering something momentous about ourselves, with every revelation comes an invitation to adjust our lives to what we have seen."

Piper says, "And because sin is a belittling of the all-satisfying glory of God, the suffering that breaks its power is a severe mercy.....whatever makes us more and more able to enjoy making much of God is a mercy. For there is no greater joy than joy in the greatness of God. And if we must suffer to see this and savor it most deeply, then suffering is a mercy. and Christ's call to take up our cross and join him on the Calvary road is love."

Bonhoeffer--"The cross is not the terrible end to an otherwise God fearing and happy life, but it meets us at the beginning of our communion with Christ. When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die."

Piper: "If Christ is not made much of in our lives, they are wasted."

Schweitzer: "He speaks to us the same words--follow thou me.....He commands, and to those who obey him he reveals himself in the toils, the conflicts, and the sufferings which they shall pass through in his fellowship; and , as an ineffable mystery, they shall learn in their own experience who he is."

I Thank God for the richness of life in Him!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quotes!

    Thanks for stopping by today...the book you mentioned- Severe mercy- is actually very special to me, since my husband gave it to me before we were married...I actually posted about it in one of the show and tells...
    Yes, you're right...God can use people's writings long after they leave this earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are doing a Beth Moore study in our womens group I am enjoying it so much,I needed this study in my life right now.
    OH! the new blog again, thats funny I was so excited to decorate it for Chritmas that I didn't even bring it up in any of my blogs. But it has been fun seeing all the different blogs for Chritmas. Its kinda like going for a walk and looking at all the homes decorated for Christmas. Thank-you Nannykim I am always happy to see you stopped by. OH did you happen to notic my blog before the house tour? It is called an Interview with God. It's warming to the heart, you may have already seen it, it has been around for a while.
    Have a blessed evening
    ginger

    ReplyDelete