Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Love Dare ----day 5-daring to be delightful

Well, well, well, day 4 I really wasn't "allowed" to do the action---which was to contact your spouse sometime during the business day and ask how they are doing and if there was anything you could do for them---but I could do it later.

I like day five's reading--LOVE IS NOT RUDE--it is true that we are sometimes rude to each other or do things that make it unpleasant for the other person.--the bottom line--"genuine love minds its manners".----when we apply this it helps to " restore an atmosphere of honor to your relationship. People who practice good etiquette tend to raise the respect level of the environment around them"---so this is the dare not to be rude, but to be delightful.

I thought that was and is a great challenge--to be delightful, not rude. 3 principles the book gives: 1.Guard the Golden Rule. Treat your mate the same way you want to be treated (Luke 6:31)
2. No double standards. Be as considerate to your spouse as you are to strangers and coworkers. 3. Honor requests. Consider what your husband or wife already asked you to do or not do . If in doubt, then ask.

THe challenge or assignment today: "Ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only."

Great advice and I think I know some of the answers I will get, we will see ;-)

6 comments:

  1. It was a happy day for him when he gave us our new lives, through the truth of his Word, and we became, as it were, the first children in his new family. JAMES 1:18 LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi nannykim,
    It's so good to hear from you. I have taken a blogging break. I'm not back 100% yet just hit a miss. The problem was I could not put a header on my blog.I have spent hours trying to fix it. SO needless to say I was so happy when I did.
    Take care,
    Ginger
    P.S. I'm still posting on Spiritual Sundays, maybe we will see you there this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi nannykim,
    It's so good to hear from you. I have taken a blogging break. I'm not back 100% yet just hit a miss. The problem was I could not put a header on my blog.I have spent hours trying to fix it. SO needless to say I was so happy when I did.
    Take care,
    Ginger
    P.S. I'm still posting on Spiritual Sundays, maybe we will see you there this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the movie and bought the book for both Kev and Sema - they'll hopefully get to work when they get back from Kenya. I should have bought them for DC and me as well! Maybe I will.

    Thanks so much for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are good lessons for anyone. If everyone would treat everyone they come in contact with like they would like to be treated what a different world this would be.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....those are good challenges! Could be a little difficult to hear the answers, but what a great opportunity to learn!

    Your pictures on your side bar of your grandkids are sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete