Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Love Dare 8 and 9

Well....this Love Dare has really been helpful in making me aware of relationship stuff!!

On DAY 8 we had to burn or destroy the list of negative attributes of our spouse which we had made on Day 7 and to keep just the positive list. We were challenged to be our spouses biggest fan, to reject thoughts of jealousy, and focus on their achievements. THEY ASKED--HOW HARD WAS IT TO DESTROY the LIST. Well, I was very, very surprised......why??? because I did have a hard time destroying it!!! I actually was shocked!!!! But it was a great way of physically demonstrating to me that my heart and mind has to dwell in the appreciation room and not the depreciation room!!

DAY 9 made me laugh----because way back on day 2 I couldn't think of an unexpected gesture as an act of kindness---I couldn't think of something UNEXPECTED to do as far as creating a blessing. Later my husband said that he could think of something--and it dealt with how to greet him when he came home from work. SOOO THIS IS THE FUNNY thing because day 9 deals all about how we greet our husbands!! Day 9 says that the way you greet your spouse each day may seem inconsequential, but it carries surprising significance.

"You can tell a lot about the state of a couple's relationship from the way they greet one another"
It mentions things like the first thing you say in the morning, the look on your face, the energy in your voice when you talk to him on the phone, etc and whether you are really , really glad to see them and express this---talks about warmth, enthusiasm etc and how are greeting effects another.

THIS BOOK IS SO PRACTICAL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment