Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Love Dare Day 10

Day ten talks about TRUE LOVE. Our love can't be based on our spouse's qualities or looks because when they suddenly or gradually disappear your basis for love will be over.

So we have to have unconditional love. "...love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love."

If we say we have fallen out of love , it means we did not --do not--love unconditionally!

"When your enjoyment of each other as best friends and lovers is based on unwavering commitment, you will experience an intimacy that cannot be achieved any other way."

Again we are told to do something out of the ordinary for our spouse--something that proves your love is based on your choice and nothing else ;0) . These are the hardest assignments to do---I will have to give it some thought. (Ok--what I did--I washed my car--it really bothers him if my car is dirty ; this is usually his job---so it was totally unexpected. I also remembered he liked the fruit cups we had at Eowyn's so I made him some tonight!! He was delighted ;-)

I love the idea of studying our husbands--and I need to do this---then I would be able to more readily figure out these out of the ordinary stuff!!!

1 comment: