Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Love Dare Day 22

I have continued in the Love Dare book challenge ;-) . I loved day 22 which is where I am right now---this , to me, was very beautiful. It was called Love is Faithful....but it spoke about unfaithfulness.......BUT in a beautiful way.

It referred to the book of Hosea--which is a beautiful book. It spoke about how God told him to marry a prostitute---and the Love Dare book said this:

"He wanted Hosea's Marriage to show what Heaven's unconditional love looks like"
(his wife did not remain faithful)..."So Hosea was left to deal with a broken heart and the shame of abandonment...........God told him to go and reaffirm his love for this woman who had been repeatedly unfaithful. This time she had reached a new low and had to be bought off the slave block, but Hosea paid the price for her redemption and brought her home...

This is a true story and it was also used to portray God's love and favor that he showers on the believer without measure---we are challenged to love our spouse in this way---unreservedly---and undeservedly--repeatedly, enduringly!! I love this quote:

"Love is often expressed the most to those who deserve it the least" "Ask Him to fill you with the kind of love only He can provide, then purpose to give it to your mate in a way that reflects your gratefulness to God for loving you. That's the beauty of redeeming love. That's the power of faithfulness."

I think this is all very beautiful and what a challenge.---I love him as myself since he is part of me and we are one--if I hurt him, I hurt our relationship and myself. Now I am challenged to Love him as God loves me--no matter what---I am to illustrate this love in my loving of my husband----what a challenge.....but I know that God's Spirit does put this love in our hearts to be shed abroad---I know it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post Kim. What a beautiful story. I have read Hosea, because I have read the whole Bible, but I believe I did not get the full meaning until just now. Very beautiful the way God teaches us.

    The book, Power of a Praying Parent, now has come out with a section in the back for praying for our adult children. I love this book. It has helped me greatly. Bless you as you pray for your children. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, Oh, I want to clarify that the older books do not include the section for adult children. The new edition came out 2005. Bless you, Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also posting my love dare journey on line. I'm on day 25. What a blessing it has been. You can find it on my blog. I've become my mother... Blesssings to you

    ReplyDelete