Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bad news about Dell computers and spring!

Photobucket
I love the springtime weather we are getting. This is a photo by the river that runs through our town,.  I love the new buds on the trees and the reflection in the water.

Photobucket
The bradford's are in their glory. There is a street near me that is lined on both sides and what a glory it is!! I take walks there, but don't bring my camera as I bring my kindle and read while pace walking.
Photobucket
Notice all the pine pollen on my car--yup and there will be more to come. Sometimes it is so bad that when the wind blows it is like a dust storm.


Now see this little computer below? I bought it as a backup because of the problems with my Dell.
Photobucket


I love this little Acer. You can see it's size in relation to the pen I am holding. The keyboard is a good fit and it is light weight and easy to carry even in a big purse. It does not have a CD player however.


I am totally discouraged with DELL. My Dell laptop which is not pictured here, is only 5 and 1/2 months old and the built in mouse pad stopped working. I had it replaced and it still does not work since they say it is something wrong with the mother board. I called Dell and they said the systems on the Dell is not covered with their warranty!! I would have to pay 149 dollars to get a year warranty that would cover this!! CRAZY. So I bought an external mouse which works fine. But I may just use my little Acer a lot more!! I love how light it is.  


Anyone else having problems with Dell?


Now, I am thankful that it does work with a external mouse. I am thankful that it actually works better with this mouse than it ever did with the pad! I am thankful for the little back up we bought. AND I am thankful for some springtime beauty!! Have a blessed Day.

11 comments:

  1. I love your first photo reflecting the beautiful trees in the water. Nothing is blooming here yet but we are having unseasonably warm weather for the midwest--highs near 80 this week!

    I had several Dells with no problems but switched to an Mac a few years ago and love it. I'm now thinking of getting a McBook Air or an IPAD that I can take with me. I'm really surprised that Dell doesn't cover your problem.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer... seems like a way to get around a warranty. Glad you like the little one. Wish I could walk the 20 minutes with you to the beach (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most people swear by Dell but mine just went bye bye as well so I just purchased an entirely new system and i love it !! Nope it is not a Dell lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had a Dell, we are Apple people. I love the size of your little replacement computer, though.
    And you're right, I have got to stop taking night time photos, they turn horrible, don't they.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bradford pear trees. Last year we took a trip along the Gulf Coast LA/MS and into AL and even N Florida I think and just fell in love with those trees. As you mentioned, hubby who has allergies loved the beauty but not the pollen. I have an ACER laptop that I would not give up for anything. Best computer I have ever had! Mine does CD's though. I would be lost without that. Sorry about your Dell and the issues. Happy Spring. Enjoy all the beauty. I think Spring should last a lot longer, especially here in Tampa Bay FL, hehe. Being retired, I actually can appreciate the "seasons" now. Really when one is working all day, inside, one can miss the subtle changes in seasons and feel this is just one BIG SUMMER. The past two years have actually witnessed the new buds, new plants coming up. Spring is such a time of renewal and HOPE.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. since you asked... I was kind of disappointed on my BD. My friends couldn't go at the last minute. That made me sad... but hubby took me to a Mexican restaurant...then to get ice-cream (o: Sometimes BD's turn me into a baby... just wanting to feel special. Not saying I am proud of my immature self!!! Just being real. This week has worn me to a frazzled with too much daycare going on... then I raked the yard... man was I tired. I have 2 grands spending the night here for their BDS one is 10 one is 11. 2 families and the actual days are 2 weeks apart... but since I had one coming I invited the other. I will let you know if it makes me crazy to have a slumber Party at my age. I never really likes it when my daughter was that age. The late night noise makes me a little...GROUCHY (o:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Kim...The tree is absoultely beautiful in full bloom. I just love the spring time. Anyway, sorry you're having problems with your computer. My daughter has a Dell laptop too, but hasn't had any problems with it...Yet. At least the external mouse worked for you. Thank you for stopping by for a visit and for your very sweet comment. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a little acer that I have had for maybe 3 years that has worked great. Computer problems are so frustrating to me. I love the pictures of Spring (except the pollen! Ha!). Bradford pears are dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Bradford's have already leafed out!

    I just bought a Dell because the Mother Board died on my HP and it was almost as much to put a new one in than to buy a new laptop. My daughter has an Acer and so far it's been great. My husbands work laptop is a Dell but I'm sure it's a better model than what they sell in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Spring Pics! I gave up on Dell as laptop & PC. Never tried Acer , but may in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's crazy about it not being covered by warranty! What happened to a year warranty? Sorry about your problem! That little back up is so cute!

    ReplyDelete