Saturday, August 23, 2008

Energy saving clothesline!

This makes me happy. We put up our umbrella type clothesline, similar to the type I had as a child. We still have to stabilize it some with some cement. But this is just with two large loads of wash. It is supposed to hold 4 loads and it definitely will! I am so enjoying this--I love the fresh morning air and there is something so soothing about hanging out clothes (probably related to my memories of helping mom as a child?). Plus it saves on energy and it really only takes about 5 minutes to hang 1 load. I get my vitamin D while outside too! Of course if you had a lot of baby clothes it might take a bit longer? Anyways, this with our old timey lawn mower ( http://nannykim-nannykim.blogspot.com/2008/06/going-green.html ) just makes me smile!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place for a clothesline. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister-in-law has been trying to get me to hang clothes outside for the reasons that you mentioned. I'm glad you are enjoying it! I guess my smile will come when I take them out of the dryer :)
    But I do remember hanging clothes in the early years of marriage. I remember that in the winter, sometimes the clothes would start freezing before I got them all hung.

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like fresh crisp sheets of the line. Brings back childhood memories. I also remember frozen clothes(living in NY) I miss this, living in an apt. Enjoy the little things. Love and prayers, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup--I also remember the days of frozen clothe!! huh! however we would often hang the clothes in our basement in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted a clothesline. Before I began blogging, I was on a frugal living forum, so many people had a clothesline.I learn so much from that forum. ENJOY!
    ginger

    ReplyDelete