Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why I like to blog?

I did a post on why I like blogging and thought I would share it on this blog as well. It can be found here: http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/2010/03/things-i-love.html

Also I just want to say I miss those sweet times of the day that I had with my Mother-in-law. I miss watching the cooking network with her. I miss praying with her. I miss her little spark in her eyes. I miss feeding her......some of these were quiet intimate times. Some were laughing times. I miss her ---just being with another person-- a woman, knowing you are loved and accepted is a wonderful gift. Being able to be real and say what you want is a blessing. I miss her.

6 comments:

  1. She was a special lady, I can tell. My MIL is 91 and I know our day is coming before too many more years. What wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet words about your dear MIL
    Mine is 87 and not sure how long we will have her
    I lost my mom eight years ago and miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special relationship you must have had with your MIL. My FIL is 90, and we are helping to care for him. We have big shoes to fill in the passing of these precious loved ones, don't we? I wonder if we'll be found as faithful as they have been? I want to be!

    I love your beautiful snow pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so wonderful that you treasured her so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please accept my sympathy in the loss of your mother-in-law. Your words about her are truly touching and portray a special relationship between the two of you. In response to your comment about the placement of the napkins in a napkin ring, I agree with you that they look better the 'incorrect' way. That's probably why I kept doing it wrong:)

    ReplyDelete