Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Content in the Fall


I have not been blogging much lately--mainly posting things on my recipe blog. Recently we have switched to a mostly vegetarian diet without much oil, dairy, or meats. We have been eating whole grains (including rice), beans, vegetables and fruit. The result is a blessed 50 point drop in my Cholesterol levels for which I am so happy. Plus I am down to my ideal weight!! YES!


I love this time of the year and have been enjoying the warmth of flannel sheets and cozy fires! Camellias are in bloom and the orange and reds of the trees are refreshing. The smells of pumpkin pie and apple butter just add to the warmth. The camaraderie of Fall festivals have been another source of small town thankfulness.


Fall cleaning has kept me very busy with many trips to the Good Will store and to the garbage!! I feel so much better after having decluttered so many of my closets and bookshelves!!! I can't believe all the "stuff" I was hanging on to.


Now to escape with a cup of cinnamon tea and a good book.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you're really getting your life in order. That's fantastic. You're an inspiration.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely at your place. I too am trying to declutter, but it is very hard - when the kiddoes are here, I can't get anything done, and when they're gone, I'm exhausted!

    Congratulations on the cholesterol drop and weight drop as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your great health report! That is wonderful! I love your fall display!

    :0) Sharon

    ReplyDelete