Friday, July 11, 2008

significance

Listen to John Piper's sermon from June 29th (on his website--desiringgod.org)--I love what he says about the way we spend our lives (it needs some reflecting on by me)-


He speaks about us being wrapped up in our toys...wasting our lives on meaningless things "when our souls could explode with significance." He is referring to Psalm 96 and how we are to "Declare his glory among the nations". He says basically that if we aren't doing this then we are a dying church. He also says that when the Spirit of God is at work new songs are being written and we sing unto Him.

Ps. 96:

1--Oh sing to the LORD a new song;
sing to the LORD, all the earth!
2.Sing to the LORD, bless his name;
tell of his salvation from day to day.
3. Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous works among all the peoples!
4.For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
he is to be feared above all gods.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Nannykim for visiting my blog.Really liked reading about you and your family seeing your pictures.

    Feel bad for your FIL & MIL.

    I took care of my aunt suffering from dementia and other problems for 4 and a half years, she slept in the Lord on June 26th. I am looking after my Mom.

    the nursing hone pictures touched my heart.

    Your monkeys are so seet.

    ReplyDelete