Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Every Thought captive

2 Corinthians 10:5--"We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

Now how hard is that!!! This shows me how much we need to know Christ and to be letting His Spirit take control. ....to know the mind of Christ---that is really awesome when you think about it. I can't let my thoughts be obedient if I don't know Him intimately. I like what Paul Tripp says about this:


"Spiritual blindness is attempting to see without Christ, no more possible than trying to see physically without eyes. Paul says in Colossians 2:8, 'See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.' If my thoughts about myself, others, my situation, and God aren't captive to Christ, they are captive to the hollow and deceptive philosophy of the world."

Now for the more mudane--Greatgrandma and I will attempt making dinner together--a new weekly thing we are trying. This week it will be dump cake with apple pie filling, pears and peaches; beef bourguignon on rice, garden peas, and salad. We will seeeeeee ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment