Sunday, August 12, 2007

Busy-blessings

Well--been so busy and haven't taken time to write for a month!! I am loving Jan Karon's books. Here is a neat quote from Out to Canaan:

"Suppose for a moment", Reardon (Patrick Henry Reardon), "that God began taking from us the many things for which we have failed to give thanks. Which of our limbs and faculties would be left? Would I still have my hands and my mind? And what about loved ones? If God were to take from me all those persons and things for which I have not given thanks, who or what would be left of Me?"

There really is so much to thank God for...family, cozy home, a church that worships, friends that encourage and love the Lord, good books, flowers and time to enjoy life---taking the time to enjoy little things like a cup of tea, a baby's kiss or attempt thereof, the beauty of the gift to pray, the trinity, the spirit of God and His power in our lives to transform, the creativeness He has given each one of us, .......there is so much fulness (I think of the quote somewhere--we should all be as happy as kings ;-)... Blessings upon blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment